2012 Clean and Green Award Winner AIA NC
Triangle Business Journal - RALEIGH —
BUSINESS DESCRIPTION: The mission of AIA North Carolina is to serve its members by enhancing and promoting the profession of architecture.
NUMBER OF FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES IN THE TRIANGLE: 5
TOP TRIANGLE EXECUTIVE AND TITLE: David Crawford, executive vice president
Describe some of the organization’s chief achievements in the Clean & Green Awards category for which you were nominated?
• More than 64 percent energy savings over similar office type
• All water on site collected for bio retention filtration
• Design as LEED Platinum (pending certification)
• All geothermal heating and cooling
• Porous paver parking, no run-off
• All native landscape
• Large recycled content with steel, wood and stone
• Natural ventilation throughout building
• Passive solar heating through building siting
• Passive system for cooling, including shading by roof overhang and green screen
Have sustainable efforts produced financial benefits? Can you please quantify the gains or costs? Please be specific.
Saving more than 70 percent on energy costs so far
Click on the link to read the rest of the article from the Triangle Business Journal: